In order to provide you with the best possible service we are required to collect and store information about you. Globetrotter Corporate Travel manages all personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What Information Do We Collect?
The type of information we collect will depend upon the products or services you request from us. It may include:
- Facts about you, such as your name, date of birth or passport number
- Contact details, such as email addresses or phone numbers
- Credit card details
- Frequent flyer memberships
- Travel history and expenditure
- Other information relevant to the supply of our products or services
How we collect personal information?
Globetrotter Corporate Travel collects information via a number of channels such as:
- Website forms
- Secure online systems
- Social media channels
How we hold personal information?
Globetrotter Corporate Travel holds information via a number of channels such as:
- On premise servers
- Remote secure hosted servers
- Social media providers
- On premise safe storage
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
All our travel-related products and services require the dislosure of personal information for the purpose of travelling to a destination and paying for the service. In our capacity as Travel Managers, we will only use or disclose your information for the purpose of efficiently managing your travel requirements, or for other reasonably related purposes. This may include but is not limited to:
- Processing flight reservations
- Processing hotel or car rental reservations
- Ensuring special travel requirements, such as dietary requirements, are met
- Performing administrative tasks, such as systems development, training or revenue recovery
- Developing and identifying products or services that may interest you and advise you about them (unless you ask us not to)
- Raising brand awareness through marketing channels for the purposes of selling our services
- Addressing any queries or complaints you may have
We may, from time to time, use or disclose your information for other purposes provided you have given your consent to such additional use or disclosure. We may also disclose personal information in circumstances where a law of the Commonwealth, a State or Territory requires us to do so (eg. for law enforcement purposes).
Cookies and IP addresses
We use ‘cookie’ technology on our website. They are temporary session cookies that enable you to use certain features on the website and are then eliminated when you exit the browser.
We may make use of your IP Addresses for the purpose of identifying the cause of and resolving any technical problems.
How an individual may complain if you believe Globetrotter to be in breach of the APPs or a binding registered APP code
Globetrotter Corporate Travel’s complaints handling process is addressed in our Service level agreement when we enter into a contract with a new client. Once the Client relationship manager is contacted:
- All customer service issues are to be acknowledged within 2 hours.
- Responses to service issues will be provided within 2 working days where possible and if investigations are still underway updates will be given with anticipated resolution date
- All service issues to be resolved to customer satisfaction levels
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please contact us and we will make every effort to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
Disclosure of informaation to overseas recipients
Globetrotter Corproate Travel is a travel agency and is required at times to disclose personal traveller information to overseas third party providers such as airlines, hotels, car companies and/or emabssies in order to fuilfill clients’ travel arrangements.
The countries included are many and varied.
How an individual may access their personal information and seek correction of it
Our communication channels providing individuals have access to for their information are:
- Unsubscribe and update my details options in marketing communications
- Phone, email, fax requests
- Social media channels
- Secure online channels
You have a right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. It is important to us that this information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe this is not the case, you may ask us to correct or update your information.
Should we decide not to do so, or should we decide not to grant you access to your personal information, we will give you reasons for our decision. To make a request for access, please contact us as below:
35 Stirling Highway
NEDLANDS WA 6009
P: 08 9442 0120
F: 08 9442 0199
Level 8, 395 Collins Street,
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
P: +61 3 9079 0700
Confidentiality of Your Information
We will at all times take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. This includes preventing any unauthorised access, use or disclosure of your personal information, and ensuring the secure destruction of records where appropriate.